Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Book


So here's the book. You can't really click to look inside - that's just the image I copied from Amazon. It got like 44 five-star reviews or something insane like that. Part of that might be because the author, Laurie David, was famous before she wrote the book and has friends like Steve Martin and Michael Pollan. She also used to be married to Larry David, former co-producer of Seinfeld (whose wife ALSO wrote a cookbook, hmmm). Anyway, it IS a really good book. And it's not just a cookbook with recipes (I haven't even tried any of the recipes yet). What I love about it is the philosophy, quotes, statistics, and inspiration.

Here's one of my favorite quotes from the book: "People say they don't have time to cook, yet in the last few years we have found an extra two hours a day for the internet."  - Michael Pollan, author of The Omnivore's Dilemma. Ooooooh, BURN!

There's an interview with Judge Judy and lots of other famous people, lots of conversation starter ideas, easy ways to let your kids help cook, and it's just a darn cute book to look at.

I'm not saying you have to buy it. I'm just saying I like it. I like A LOT of cute cookbooks. You might say I have a problem. There's worse things than collecting cookbooks, right?

3 comments:

  1. Were you talking about Jerry Seinfeld's wife, Jessica's cookbook Deceptively Delicious? If so, I have it and you can borrow it if you like!

    ReplyDelete