Friday, January 7, 2011

Come N Get It

Welcome to Dishing It Out. An experiment in raising a family one meal at a time. I recently purchased Laurie David's book The Family Dinner and got inspired. Inspired to overcome my own negative childhood family dinner experiences; inspired to feed my kids real food; inspired to use my creativity in the kitchen a little - both in terms of menu and presentation; but most of all inspired by the idea of something so simple and fundamental as family dinner being so impactful to my kids' long term health and well-being. More on the specifics of all that later... it's time to set the table.

2 comments:

  1. i think it's a wonderful idea! One of my good friends grew up in a family in which they never sat down at the table together...her mom cooked some great food, but i remember we'd run through the kitchen, and my friend would just peel a chunk of roast beef off this hunk of meat in a pan and keep walking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for you to inspire me!!!! Aprons on!

    ReplyDelete