Friday, January 21, 2011

Crazy Coffee Cup Corn Chowder Circus Night


Yesterday was a snow day and I braved the crowds at Wal-Mart to make sure I had plenty of stuff to compete with my friends who like to brag about all their yummy cold-weather fare on Facebook. My bacon-filled Corn Chowder simmered in the crockpot all day while the kids played* and I busied myself with home decorating projects. Great day, right? When dinner rolled around it turns out we'd made our way through all the clean matching dishes and mugs - go figure. So I declared it Choose Your Own Mug Corn Chowder Night. We ate chowder from an ecclectic assortment of coffee cups with salad on the side - and finished it up with... wait for it... Homemade 'Smores Ice Cream! Yep - you read that correctly. And the best part was that our school district had already called school off for today! P A R T Y! Throw something in the crockpot.

*The word "played" here means spent hours scripting, choreographing, costuming, set designing, and rehearsing a Circus of the Snow production in my basement playroom. It was AWESOME and I scored these trinkets at the souvenir shop. They are Seal and Maestro (ie Ringmaster) action figures.

No comments:

Post a Comment