Monday, January 10, 2011

Tillie Burgers

Since I'm forcing myself to go to bed early-ish tonight I'm just going to do a quick recipe share. Tonight was "free night" where the kids can have whatever they want. Two chose Ramen. One had leftover pizza. We didn't all sit at the table together. That's ok. I'm aiming for improvement, not perfection. But the recipe I want to share is Tillie Burgers. Here it is:

*Get 1 lb. ground beef or turkey or mix 'em
*Add 1 packet Lipton Onion Soup Mix
*Smoosh it all together till it's mixed up
*Spread it in a small baking dish (like 8x8). I have a small Pampered Chef stone I use that works great.
*Score the meat into 16 little squares with a spatula or knife.
*Bake at 350 degrees about 20-25 minutes
*Put little meat squares on Hawaiian rolls with whatever fixins you like

BINGO! I'm telling you this is the bomb! We have Annie Soup, Sam Chicken (because those are their favorite dinners) and these are called Tillie Burgers. So easy, so cheap, and pretty darn good. My "breadetarian" just eats the rolls with mustard and cheese.

Hope you like 'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment